Saturday, June 2, 2007

saving the wasted light and water

And now, a moment to discuss light switches and faucets. It´s dull. I advise you to skip it.

Upon entering a bathroom, an automatic light comes on. Sometimes you have to push it yourself. Regardless, within a measured number of minutes, it turns off. Sometimes you are done in the bathroom. Not usually. That means you have to scramble around trying to find the appropriate part of the wall to touch in order to see. On the way out, when the light is still on, you may not turn it off yourself.

The sinks usually have one button to push to let the water gush for a measured quantity of time. That typically means that one hits the button several times, and at the end, cannot turn it off manually. More water has to be wasted. A couple of times I have encountered faucets that I have to turn off manually. I sometimes forget to do so because I am conditioned to the buttons. More water wasted.

No comments:

Blog Archive