Sunday, June 3, 2007

el camino no es un maraton

Another pilgrim was given a little wallet-sized card that lists the ten commandments of the Camino. Number one: "el camino no es un maraton."

I´m not much of one for rules, so I decided awhile back that I was going to do a marathon day. I did it today. 40K plus. I have no desire to ever train to run that far at once, but I thought I should at least walk it with a pack on my back. To be clear, this terrain was the equivalent of the Oklahoma marathon, not the San Francisco marathon. I did take a couple of short breaks.

I was planning to go about 25K today, but then I didn´t feel like stopping. Then, I got to the next place, and I still didn´t feel like stopping. My feet felt fine. My hip wasn´t hurting. On I went. It felt great. I feel great. We´ll see how I feel tomorrow.

Of course, now all of the people I have been spending time with, including the recently introduced Iain, are a day behind me. New crop.

No comments:

Blog Archive