Monday, June 11, 2007

Molinaseca--around 200K to go

Today was a sparkling day of hiking. It started with a dance party, featured an emotional moment, and included a multi-national lunch at a hippy albergue. A store owner gave me candy (I don´t think anyone else has sweet things given to them. I´m not sure what it is about me that invites it, but I hope it continues through the end of the Camino--and my life.)

The sky was blue, but the clouds were pretty. It was hot, but not too hot. It was breezy, but not too windy. The day was long enough to be properly tiring but not so long that it was exhausting. The walk was hard enough to feel accomplished but not enough to be discouraging.

And the scenery. It was incredible. Huge distant mountains with tinkling cattle bells. Fields of deep purple flowers. Undulating green mountains carpeted with yellow flowered bushes that smelled as heavenly as fresh baked chocolate croissants or the first snow. I finished late in the day because I kept stopping and smelling and gaping. One wee town had every single door decorated with a fresh bough of yellow bush.

Lovely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you left out the undulating, this would be another prime example of brp's children's storytelling gift...

Mary Torres said...

Have you taken pictures? Otherwise, Boo.

Blog Archive