Wednesday, June 6, 2007

more chocolate

I´m really not sure whether this happens to other people or just to me. Maybe it is a pilgrim thing. Maybe it a me thing.

Yesterday, I was wandering around Leon. I went into a chocolate store.

A chocolate store.

I chatted with the proprietess. The shop is new and small and probably difficult to sustain because it is so near the cathedral and the things sell for so little. My Spanish, my tongue were tired, and I couldn´t have a very good conversation. She gave me a sample. I ate, smile, savored. Then I picked out something to buy, a small caramel. She carefully wrapped it up. I asked her how much.

She wouldn´t take any money.

It got rid of the flavor of that free chicken from a few hours earlier, but it left to same delicious taste in my mouth.

1 comment:

Mary Torres said...

I spy grammatical errors! Hooray! Next time you bust me for overusing passive voice or cliches, i'm totally printing this out and bringing it to class.

Blog Archive