Tuesday, June 5, 2007

the kind of vegetarian i am

I am the kind of vegetarian who eats bacon when she craves a bacon egg and cheese sandwich. I´m the kind who eats "vegetarian" sausage grilled on the 4th of July. I´m the kind who eats chorizo as she makes her way across Spain.

And I´m also another kind. Today, I´m the kind who eats chicken when a nice man behind a bar recognizes that I´m exhausted and listless and disheartened and puts a plate in front of me to cheer me up and cheer me on.

I´m not the kind of vegetarian who will eat the shrimp, though. I tried, but I didn´t know how, and I didn´t think I could manage to be that gracious. I´m no saint.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Bacon and sausage I'm not surprised by. I knew you were that kind of "vegetarian", but chicken, Bridget? Did you brush your tongue afterwards??

Anonymous said...

You'd like shrimp if you would just try it and stop whining that you don't eat fish.

Mary Torres said...

I didn't know you were a vegetarian. I may have to revoke our friends card.
I have a recipe that will make you think shrimp are manna from heaven.

Blog Archive