Wednesday, June 6, 2007

peregrina. pilgrim.

I love it when someone identifies me as a "pilgrim." They actually say that world. "Are you a pilgrim?" they inquire. It´s so silly and humbling. People actually call me a pilgrim. I think if someone asked me that in the U.S., I would ask whether they could tell because of my funny hat made in elementary school, my big turkey, or the blood on my axe from murdering an Injun.

Today, I asked for some directions from the hotel clerk. As she was drawing on the map, I quipped that I wouldn´t be able to follow it unless there were yellow arrows. She got out a highlighter and colored them in for me.

When I dropped off my laundry, (I know, I know.) I indicated that they were pilgrim clothes, and they should probably wear masks while handling them. And then we talked about pilgrim clothes. Pilgrim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waaaabbbzzz(just a nonsense thing to see if I can post)

Blog Archive