Tuesday, June 19, 2007

cursing me

Readers of this blog (and I´ve been surprised and humbled by the quantity of you who are willing to slog along with me) have likely spent a moment or two cursing me and my jaunty strides, my days spent outdoors having fine adventures with chocolate. Let me assure you that as you sit reading this in your cozy home or office, I suffered your curses today.

One guidebook for the Camino features different icons to denote particular regions we pass through. Grapes for the wine country of Rioja. Sun for the meseta. Raindrops for Galicia.

Raindrops for Galicia.

Suffice it to say, I don´t think I´ll have many photos from this leg of the trip.

So today, for several hours, I made my way uphill, cursing the puddles and the rivers along the Camino, debating whether I would rather walk on the road and be soaked by speeding tractor trailers or swim up the Camino.

It was the first time my boots have gotten soaked through, all the way through two pair of socks. I´ve spent most of my day thinking about how to protect my feet. There were plastic bags involved. So far so good.

60 something clicks to go . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think of the postive--- now you know how good those zippers are really working and how dry your rucksack stayed -- it did stay dry, didn't it?

Mi-Suk said...

oh I hope those sacks are still waterproof!
And try to keep your feet as dry as possible. Nothing breeds blisters like wet socks....

Blog Archive