Sunday, June 23, 2024

Day 48: Finisterre to Cabo Finisterre - 3.2KM


 I had a deliciously lazy day. I ate, snoozed, took a bath, ate ice cream, got a massage, and snoozed some more in my hotel room with a sea view. 

I planned to visit the lighthouse at sunset and was feeling a bit unenthusiastic about it. I didn’t know anyone to go with and it seemed more like a chore than a celebration. But I started following the yellow arrows and they led me past a restaurant where I saw two friends from earlier in the Camino who I hadn’t seen in about a month!  They introduced me to a new pilgrim, and we all started hiking up the hill toward the end.  On the way, we ran into someone I had met just a couple of days before from the United States.  We convinced her to turn back around and accompany us to the sunset. It was so nice to end my Camino this way:  with old friends and recent friends and brand new friends watching the sunset over the sea and the pink clouds stream by.


No comments:

Blog Archive