Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Day 37: Triacastela to Sarrìa - 18.2K

 Excellent weather to enjoy the green mountains and moss and fields of Galicia today.  I was the first pilgrim out of the albergue this morning for which I decided I deserved an award. I also gave myself an award for the walker who has logged the most number of hours to get to Santiago.  We’re all walking the same distance, but it takes me longer than anyone else on the trail.  I haven’t yet determined my prize, but I think a two month European vacation might qualify. 


I walked alone for most of the day, though I ended the day walking with lovely South African Australian Adri. We had sangria outside of town then teamed up to share a hotel room, which is so nice.  If I ever had grandchildren, I would recount to them the joys of our hot, clean, uncomplicated shower.  It’s a worthy tale. 

Busy afternoon visiting the dentist to get a crown put back in my head and the physical therapist to get my knee put back into place. I’m a new woman. The countdown to Santiago is on. I should be arriving on Monday!

No comments:

Blog Archive