Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Day 29: Astorga - another day of rest

Sarah and I spent the day lounging. We ate churros and chocolate. We wandered around the sizable market and selected vegetables to make a delicious salad since we had an apartment with a kitchen. We ate food that will not be available in small towns.  I tried to get my hair cut, but two different places just looked at my head pityingly and shook their heads as though there wasn’t a thing they could do to fix the mess atop my head.  We visited the cathedral.


I was a little sad because most of the pilgrims I know have moved ahead. But it will be great fun to have Sarah here for adventures.  

I don’t have another rest day planned until Santiago!

Not much remarkable happened during my 29th year that I could think of.  I guess some years are like that. 

No comments:

Blog Archive