Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Day 43: Santiago de Compostela - a day of rest

My day of rest was long and tiring, full of reunions and goodbyes.  I feel a little bit like an overtired kid being taken away from a party.

I got to see Sheena and Owen arrive in Santiago, as well as the Brazilians.  




I attended mass with Adrie and saw the botofumiero in action, a giant incense burner that requires seven men to swing throughout the cathedral.  It was impressive.



I had lunch with Haley, her mom, and her Camino beau who were freshly back from walking to Finisterre.



I picked up my credencial for my walk to Finisterre.  It’s supposed to rain tomorrow and I’m feeling a little blah about the walk, but I know that once my feet start moving, I will be glad. I even bought an umbrella in the hopes that it will ward off the storm.

I said goodbye to heaps of others.  I’m grateful for the experience, but it is sad to see it end.

Lisa took a great picture of me this morning while the plaza in front of the church was empty. 


Off I go again tomorrow…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohooo! Congratulations!

Blog Archive