Sunday, June 16, 2024

Day 41: Boente to Salceda - 19.3K

I walked alone in the rain all day today and hardly saw anyone I knew, aside from the stampede of high schoolers; I can’t seem to shake them no matter what I do. To be fair, they’ve gotten more integrated into Camino culture as the days have passed. And truly, what a great way to experience their country. 

I wrote a message to all the pilgrims on my WhatsApp, thanking them for playing my age game. Some of them, I’ll see tomorrow. Some of them I’ll never see you again. All of them have been important to me as a part of my journey.  What stupendous people.

I’m staying in a hotel room tonight. It’s quiet here.  I had a delicious salad by myself. It feels peaceful.

I’ve set myself up for a challenge on my final walk into Santiago:  28k.  And it looks like there will be a lot of rain, too. I communicated with my hotel so that I don’t have to worry about getting there at any particular time. I can take all day. I have a rest day on the day after arriving in Santiago, and for tomorrow, I just need to enjoy every step. And I plan to. Buen camino to me!






No comments:

Blog Archive