Monday, May 21, 2007

Jose Ramon

After slogging through the mud, I ended up in a little town called Lorca. A nice guy named Jose Ramon gave me a private room, a private room. Do you hear me? A private room. I had only walked half a day, but it was peaceful there. Even on the Camino, I manage to be laundry-enabled. I have gone for days without washing anything. It just gets dirty within minutes. Yesterday, good old JR threw my stuff in a washing machine and pointed me toward a sunny spot to lay it out. I should be good for another week now.

This morning I took advantage of my privacy to get up super early and start off. I quickly found out that the sun is not up at 5:30 a.m., I strapped on my head lamp and kept walking alone, carefully following the yellow arrows in the dark. The quiet was nice, and I managed not to get lost. I´ve spent a couple of hours in Estella so that I could deal with Wachovia. They don´t want to give me my money. Fortunately, this down has a lot of fresh chocolate croissants. Soon there will be more walking, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never mind Jose Ramon - Have you bumped into our old pal - Juan Pablo (or to his friends - J.P.)???
If so I expect photos to follow!!!

Anonymous said...

I bet it was cool walking in the dark - so quiet and peaceful

Blog Archive