Tuesday, May 29, 2007

idiomas, languages

I know that somehow I am descended from Europeans, but I lack that magic capacity to switch languages. I can do one or the other. English or Spanish. I can´t mix or change. I certainly can´t translate. I am incapable of having a conversation with someone in Spanish and then turning to another person and having a conversation in English. I end up speaking English to some old Spanish woman and then turning to talk to a 20 year old British kid in Castellano. It´s pathetic.

Worse, sometimes I´m called upon to speak or comprehend French, and that screws me up for the rest of the day.

I´ve been alerted that hay una mezcla de Spanish and English on the blog. No hay nada to be done. Tratare, tratare. I´ll try . . . I´ll try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem.

Blog Archive