Monday, March 30, 2020

Self Quarantine Day 15 - Orders


I remember the last time someone touched me.  It was in Giant on Thursday, March 12.  I was pushing my shopping cart around Giant, dodging people while frantically tossing products into my cart in anticipation of holing up.  "Excuse me," I said to an older woman who was blocking my path.  She didn't move.  I repeated myself.  She startled and then turned around and placed her hand on mine.  I recoiled as she patted me and apologized for not hearing me.

I could use a hug.

At the beginning of today, only 2 of 14 students had made any progress on their outlines.  I was feeling hopeless, worried I was going to lose track of them, but they all showed up for their conferences having tried to prepare a little bit.  Many of them are writing about Coronavirus.  We talked about this chart.  It made me sort of sick when I read the stark numbers of people expected to die.

My phone buzzed shrilly to tell me that Virginia's stay-at-home order came today.  

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1hS4liF4AQmxRM0N99x3xv2fIxHwMSZJF

No comments:

Blog Archive