Sunday, March 29, 2020

Self-Quarantine Day 13 - One Nail Per Day

Someone I love cried on a Zoom call today.  I haven't seen many people upset, and it was shocking but also reassuring. News was coming at breakneck speed for a week or so.  Then we were getting used to the idea of the magnitude of a changed world; we were stunned.  The whole world shut down, and that was a lot to take in.  But the surprise is starting to wear off, the need to follow the latest news.  The days ahead are going to be filled with numbers, dreary numbers.

I haven't cried yet, not really.  Not sure when that's coming.
--

After that horrible article that likened cleaning off grocery items to cleaning off glitter, I was happy to come up on this sane article about how the risk of getting Coronavirus from delivery is low.  That's reassuring at least.

--

As I type this, Coronavirus is still underlined with a red squiggle by the word processor, as though it is spelled wrong.  This pandemic hasn't even sunk in long enough to auto correct.

--

FaceTiming with my friend S, she showed me her dog.  I mused, "How are people going to cut their pets' nails now?"

"We've decided on one per day."

"One foot?"

"One nail."

Seems like a good way to go about it.  We've got time.  I'll add that in to the ever growing routine.  I'm sure Calliope Kiwi is going to love that.  Now I just need a system for keeping track of which nails I've done.  I've got my eye on those dew claws for a start.

--

Zoom happy hour with H, J, and L.  3 ciders in one hour and a half call.  It has been a year since I've had that much alcohol at once.  It sent me to bed at 8pm

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1r5KTKyTk527hqSUynXlo0CwsUlWFzJdK

No comments:

Blog Archive