Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Self-Quarantine Day 2 - St Paddy's Day

I spent a lot of time walking and talking on the phone with Bridget today.  I mailed some letters.  I explored my neighborhood some more and found that I am only a ten minute walk from a nice little shopping center.  Of course, I can't actually enter anything in the shopping center, but I guess it's good to know that it's there.

It was such a beautiful day.  It reminded me of 9/11 - perfect weather that made it difficult to believe that there was something going wrong in the world.

I tried making a schedule.  I tried.  It was tough to follow it.  Maybe for day 3, I'll try making it tonight before I go to bed.

Not a lot of actual news today.  Sounds funny to say that.  More cases, more closings.  I expect that soon it will start to get quiet as everything closes and everyone hunkers down and there is a steady stream of news about sickness and death.

Now I cross the street when I'm walking and someone comes toward me.  I really like the walking paths, but people seem too close to me there.  I think I'll try sticking to the neighborhoods for awhile, though the paths might be okay in the early morning.

I was able to get a bunch of work done today.  Finally able to focus some.

I need to stop bringing my phone into the bedroom.  It's too tempting to look at it when I wake up in the middle of the night.  Last night I woke up at 3:30 and read a Facebook message from a friend who flew to Jordan and was forced by the military into a two week quarantine in a hotel room.

There was a joyful hour in my day when my siblings and I all did a Zoom call together. We looked like the Brady Bunch!  It was hilarious.  We showed each other pictures of our supplies and talked about what we were doing.  Leslie helped set up a drive-thru testing site in New Haven.

Joe Biden just won a couple of big primaries.  The race seems to be coming to a close.

Off to read and try to calm my mind.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  What a weird one.


No comments:

Blog Archive