Saturday, May 25, 2024

Day 19: Castrojeriz to Boadilla del Camino - 19.5K

Spent much of the morning walking with Hayley.  I had thought I lost her at day 14, but she turned up at 17-19. We had a wonderful connection. She's working on convincing me to revise my book. She shared some songs she had written, singing in an angelic voice.  We parted with a “You Can Go Your Own Way” Fleetwood Mac singalong.  She’s ahead now.

19 was a tough one for me.  Had great college friends, but also spent time in the hospital.  Hayley met her first love in medical school while dissecting a cadaver.  John met and married his wife of 41 years.  He showed us a picture of the lovely Shirley.  

Climbed up a mountain and took a similar pic from 17 years ago looking out over the meseta.






No comments:

Blog Archive