Friday, April 10, 2020

Self-Quarantine Day 25 - Good Company

Day 25 was a blah day.  Not bad.  Just blah.  But being in quarantine by myself is similar to traveling alone.  There are productive days and exciting days and lonely days and blah days.  

Overall, even Day 25 just slipped by, I find that I'm remarkably good company.  It seems as though many people I know are tired of sharing constant space with others.  I'm not tired of sharing space with myself yet.  I miss my friends and my family and my students and even strangers, but this time by myself is interesting, too.  I have done a lot of things that I always say I'm going to do more of--walk, write, cook.  Those three things are always lurking around in my New Year's resolutions.  This wasn't exactly the way I expected to achieve those resolutions, but they are things I can control and enjoy.  And I feel so fortunate to have an opportunity to stay home and do them, especially since others with different jobs don't have the option to do so.

No comments:

Blog Archive