Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Day 37 - A Drive

I grabbed my purse, a now unfamiliar habit since I don't need it when I walk, strode purposefully to the car, put down the top, donned my mask, wiped the pollen off the windshield, drove two blocks, felt drops of rain from the ominous clouds, then slowed down to put the top down.  Of course there would be a surprise rainstorm on the one day I decide to use my convertible.  It's too bad because I looked pretty special with both my elephant-print mask and my yellow sunglasses.

I went for a drive to do some errands.  I have undertaken overseas vacations with less enthusiasm than I felt for this outing.  Driving and errands!  I cannot recall the last time I got in my car before today; I use it so seldom that I have been considering downgrading my car insurance. 

Cars go very quickly.  I felt myself zinging along, marveling at the rush.

Here in my house, in my neighborhood, I don't want for much.  Sometimes I need groceries, but other than that, I'm pretty content.  But going out made me want things.  I wanted to visit the library.  I wanted to get sushi and doughnuts.  I wanted to browse the grocery store idly.  I wanted to enter my friends' houses rather than talking with them from the sidewalk.

I've started craving pizza.  Maybe one day I'll have some curbside pickup as a special treat. 


No comments:

Blog Archive