Monday, April 27, 2020

Day 42 - Joining the Club

I've mostly been winning at quarantine.  Lots of exercise, cooking, writing, and chatting with friends.  A regular schedule.  Productive work.  Good attitude.

And then came Day 42. 

To cap off Week 6, I woke up at 11:50 am, nursing a headache, rushed to the shower in time to make myself presentable to my family for noon Zoom, then spent a slothful afternoon watching Tiger King, eating day-old cinnamon rolls and pondering whether I felt crappy because I had somehow been infected with COVID-19.  Between the sleeping, the Zooming, the eating, the tigers, and the paranoia I feel as though I have experienced all of the key stereotypical elements of American quarantine all in one day.  I should have had a Corona to drink to top it off.

Instead, I did right the ship.  I ended the day with a (distant) walk with a friend in the pretty green and some yoga.  Back on track.  Onward.

No comments:

Blog Archive