Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Day 58 - A Medal

I had a tough month in January, and at the end of it, I declared, "I deserve a medal!"  And my friend Beth awarded me one. 

It's a weighty medallion that declares "1st PLACE" with five raised stars on one side; the other side is emblazoned with "WINNER" beneath a trophy.  It hangs by a broad red, white, and blue ribbon.  It has its own velvet bag for safekeeping, but I prefer to have it out hanging around my apartment so that I can admire it.  This is no dollar store medal.  It's legit.  And I won it, fair and square.

But it seems that January 2020 was just a warm up for the rest of the year, and I'm not quite done earning my medal.  Neither are you.  Still, I have come to wear it on special days when I need a reminder of how tough I am.  And today is a special day because I have submitted my final grades (with the exception of one pesky one).  But still, it is hanging around my neck.  I will soon fix myself a drink and celebrate.

I'm #1.

No comments: