Saturday, May 9, 2020

Day 54 - Mail

Correspondence has long been a source of joy for me, and I find that lately when I am feeling off-kilter and aimless, I drag out my two boxes of assorted unsent cards and postcards and sort through them, considering whom I should write to.  On day 54, I stacked up some mail I had recently received, turned on some episodes of Community that I had watched years ago, got out my lap desk, curled up on the couch, and started to scrawl greetings and thank yous.  There are so few things right now that are guaranteed to delight, but mail is one of them.  I have kept every card that I have received in the past 54 days and now have quite a collection on the wall.  Each offers a little spark of happiness, and I recall the thrill of opening the envelope and knowing that someone was thinking of me.  

No comments: