Friday, July 16, 2010

tickticktickticktickticktick

I visited my family in my quaint hometown before coming to Asia. While I was there, my mom and I went to pick up some grinders at Bennie's, a small local market. My first job was working as a cashier there after school, and I knew nearly everyone who came in. I still recognize some familiar faces when I go there. I was a bit surprised when I met the eyes of this older gentlemen who I was sure I knew and he didn't show a flicker of recognition. I was positive I knew him. I felt a little hurt.

Then I realized that it was Morley Safer, a local resident and 60 Minutes host.

Aha.

We've only met on Sunday nights and haven't exactly met.

We met up again a couple of days later in Bangkok when his face peered out at me from a television in a shop window.

What a weird world.

No comments: