Sunday, October 14, 2007

liberty of the seapools


On the final night of our seven day, 22 person family cruise, I turned to my teenaged nephew Rob. "Nana said she was worried that you were the one who wouldn't have a good time." He looked at me with utter incredulity. He had the same look on his face as though I had just told him that I was unsure whether he would like it if I bought him a new Camaro for his 16th birthday. He was right; it was that good.

We surfed, boogie boarded, Scrabbled, snorkeled, air hockeyed, danced, ice skated, attended shows, swam with stingrays, drank, hot tubbed, jet skiied, rock climbed, golfed, played basketball, gambled, and ate and ate and ate and ate. It was phenomenal.

We laughed. We laughed a lot.

When my parents were making plans for the trip, they told me that they were spending our inheritance. It was a great investment.

No comments: